The conference shall be organized by AfrEA with support of EEvA, VOPEs and key evaluation stakeholders in Africa and globally. The conference preparations shall be coordinated through the AfrEA Secretariat technically guided by the AfrEA Board. An international conference organizing committee shall be set up to manage actions through sub-committees. A national conference organizing committee headed by EEvA will be set up in Ethiopia to coordinate the local action in-country.
A conference organizer will be hired to support the national and international organizing committees in planning and executing agreed actions.
Conference organization shall be managed through Committees such as:
Executive Committee (EC)
EC will perform the following tasks:
Programme committee (PC)
- Leadership and coordination of the conference process.
- Selection of Event Management Company.
- Coordination with selected Event Management Company.
- Ensure proper monitoring, evaluation and reporting for the conference
PC will perform the following tasks:
Fundraising/ Partner relations committee (FPRC)
- Approve the format for conference abstract submission;
- Organize review of abstracts and papers, including coordination of abstract and paper review process with strand sponsors
- Compile the conference programme.
- Assign moderators to sessions.
- Select speakers for plenary sessions, contact them and coordinate their participation in the conference.
- Workshop Management
FPRC will perform the following tasks:
Registration, Revenue Collection and Accounting
- Contact and follow up with potential conference partners.
- Develop a standard Memorandum of Understanding with a partner.
- Link partners who have agreed to be strand sponsors with the Programme Committee.
- Organize an event for partners during the conference.
- Manage preparation and dissemination of thank you letters for partners and conference report to partners after the conference.
RRC will undertake the following functions:
Administration (Coordination and Logistics)
- Ensure development of an online registration and receipting platform
- Manage and track all registrations
- Track all revenue collected and banked
- Ensure all funds are properly accounted for
Marketing, Publicity and Communications committee (MPC)
- Transportation (local and international)
- Visa, Diplomatic Passes and Protocol
- Hotel Arrangements
- Notices and Information Centre
- Human Resource Management
- Venue and Floor Management
- Hospitality and Entertainment
MPC will perform the following tasks:
Local Arrangements committee (LAC)
- Oversee development of the conference logo
- Oversee design and production of promo materials for the conference (banners, bags, roll-ups, etc.)
- prepare and disseminate conference-related press-releases
- Run conference social media campaign.
- Manage preparation, publication and dissemination of the conference
LAC will perform the following tasks:
- Identify, contact, follow up and coordinate with potential partners in Ethiopia.
- Promote the conference among potential participants in Ethiopia.
- Develop cultural and entertainment programme.
- Recruit and manage local volunteers who would support conference participants from other countries.
Members of these committees shall be drawn from VOPEs, partners and other evaluation stakeholders in Africa. Detailed terms of reference shall be prepared for each committee once we agree on which committees must be put in place.